Monday, January 31, 2011

Swappity Swap Swap

I grabbed my mom & sister and took us to our first clothes swap this weekend! I didn't know what to expect but I brought a bag full of clothes to swap and between the three of us, we left with 5 bags full of "new" clothes. That's right, we stuffed those bags like if Saks was burning down and we were trying to save all the clothes. haha no but really, we worked it! When we arrived, there were so many people and it was so overwhelming, there must've been 200 people in this tiny space. My mom, sister, and I looked at each other, opened our bags, and started to dive in.  There were multiple piles of clothes/accessories/shoes and barely any room to move or breathe, at that. It got pretty intense and people started jumping in the middle of the piles to catch that one item that was thrown back in. I even saw two girls try on some dresses that I brought and my sister scored a pair of Ugg's!  I was able to take pictures as the swap ended with much less people there. Please excuse the messy pictures as I was trying to take a picture and eat my $1 locopop and guard my bags all at once. I loved this event even more because after the swap, there were craft and sewing demonstrations. As a new crafting wannabe - I was thrilled! I learned how to make a no sew scarf with different fabrics and sew different kinds of flowers. Oh I also took some leftover clothes with great patterns for sewing projects. I can't wait to do it again!







This picture is courtesy of Redress Raleigh during the swap. It was madness! 





2 comments:

  1. omg this is awesome!! all the cousins should do this all the girl cousins atleast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! between all of us we should have some good stuff to swap!

    ReplyDelete