Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Pamela's kind of day

I love my job and place of work but I had a little bit more than the usual physical and emotional demanding day at work. Instead of going into detail and boring you all,  I decided to tell you about the upside of my day. I made some delicious gluten free brownies by Pamela's, my fav!





This has nothing to do with the frustrating part of my day but I wanted to see if you had any input on the following:
We have been given the option to work during the summer. I just have to come up with a theme/topic for my "summer camp" for children ages 4 & 5. My camp is only going to be for one to two weeks only. I would really like to do a kind of eco friendly-handmade-craft-camp. I want the kids to able to make more than the "usual" craft stuff (i.e. using popsicles to make a frame or house) I want it to be a little more elaborate than that! There's a great store called "The Scrap Exchange" that I feel I could get a lot of great things to use in the camp, everything in the store has been recycled and is reusable. I've got a few ideas of my own about how to get the children involved with recycling and some craft ideas. I'm actually really excited about this idea!! I would love your suggestions with:

-A catchy name for the camp
-Any ideas/crafts you think the children would benefit from

Thanks!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the gluten free brownies babe! They're becoming a personal fav. As far as the summer program, I think your headed in a great direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the eco-friendly theme... I'll try to think about a catchy name... "eco camp" "green summer camp" "camp ecology"... My best friend Google helped me with those! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank babe...can't resist those brownies!
    @Magali I love google...I google EVERYTHING! Thanks for the names, they all sound really good!

    ReplyDelete