Sunday, February 20, 2011

a little sewing update

I have a lot to catch up on, but first....

I took the sewing lesson with Marie Cordella and it was so inspiring! When I arrived, she was working on a dress for the Charleston Fashion Show, where she is 1 of 16 finalists! I was able to see the dresses and they were gorgeous! I really hope she wins!! She was also so happy and spunky and I love being around people like that partly because I'm usually the happy and spunky one. I received a lot of information from her, to me, her advice was just one of a kind and valuable because she is a professional, she is knowledgeable, and is so great at what she does. Anyway, she showed me how to make a shirt I was a little scared of stabbing myself so I was extremely careful and slow, I'll have to learn how to speed it up. My homework was to finish it, I'll show the finished product as soon as I finish.





I also found this GORGEOUS Vintage 1964 Singer Sewing Machine and Sewing table & Chair. I made a little corner in my house to put it in and plan to paint the table and re-upholster the chair. The Singer works great and I think I actually like sewing with it better. 
I was originally thinking of painting the table torquoise but since the sewing machine is blue I didn't want it to clash...any color ideas? 





1 comment: